Sue Dorrington's 60/60 Appeal
Sue Dorrington, former England Women's Rugby Team player and independent event fundraiser is embarking on a mammoth challenge to raise much needed funds for Ruils.
Sue has been friends with Gareth Savin (our chair) for over 25 years. In 1992 Gareth was injured playing for the Richmond Under 19 team. He sustained a spinal injury when a scrum collapsed and he never walked again. Sue was at an England training session at Loughborough University at the time and after hearing about the accident, she went to visit Gareth at Stoke Mandeville and they have been friends ever since.
"I was walking the Thames Challenge last year with Carolyn and Cathy and learned so much more about the important and impactful work of Ruils. I was inspired by their passion and commitment to Ruils and the services and projects being delivered in the Borough of Richmond and as we walked and talked, I asked myself…what more can I do, with 30 years charity fundraising and special event management behind me, surely I can give more…
I love a challenge and decided to set myself a target to raise £60K for Ruils in the year leading up to my 60th birthday…so, it will be a journey and one that I hope you will join me on…for updates on how to get involved…check this site for new, silly and serious ways of helping me raise much needed funds or Ruils". Sue
Sue is creating all sorts of wild and wonderful events and activities (and partnering with other charity events) so that her colleagues, friends and family can help her to run, walk, cycle, swim, eat, think and laugh her way into my 60's!
Can you help? Would you like to get involved?
You can do this by creating your own event, taking part in one or more of Sue's 60th Appeal year events, sponsor Sue, make a donation! Whatever you do, know that your support will make a real and significant difference to Ruils!
Here some ways that you can get involved:
- Sponsor Sue in the Prudential 100 cycle ride on the 30th July http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/SueDorrington
- Register for an 'own place' in the Richmond Running Fesitval, 16/17 September. 10K/half marathon and marathon! You can visit the website here
- Sign-up to help her at a bucket collect outside Sainsbury's Richmond on 8 September
- Sign-up to walk the Thames Challenge 26km with Sue on 9 September. Contact Carolyn at Ruils email@example.com
- Run the Royal Parks half marathon on 8 October (a few places left!) Contact Carolyn Jones to book your place: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carol sing at Richmond Station on 15 December
- Reserve tickets or a table at our sell-out Annual Rugby Dinner...The World in Union, 1 February 2018, Richmond FC
Coming Soon, details for....
- A Boden Charity sale with free 'colour analysis'
- A Quiz Night at The Sun Inn with Jo and Margy Clark as the Quiz Masters!
- A Photographic Exhibition and sale with John Frye
- A Comedy Night with Richard Herring
Let's all get behind Sue as she takes on this enormous challenge.