The Independent Support Service
Part 3 of the Children and Families Act 2014,which came into effect in September last year, represents the biggest overhaul of Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) legislation in decades. Under the Act, Statements of Educational Need and Learning Difficulty Assessments (LDAs) will no longer be issued. Instead they have been replaced by Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCPs). The process which generates these plans has been streamlined, and existing Statements will become EHCPs via a Transfer Review.
If you are new to this process, it can seem daunting and many parents don't know where to start.
That is where we come in. We can support you through the process.
Alex, our Independent Supporter, has a wealth of experience and knowledge and can:
- Help you to understand the local referral process and the Local Offer ( a detailed breakdown of relevant services published by the Local Authority)
- Help you to make sense of all the paperwork, keep to the time scales and coordinate the professionals involved
- Help you to get your EHCP in place by keeping the process on track
- Be a named contact throughout EHCP assessment and planning
- Be available for new referrals, transfer reviews and for those who would have had an LDA
- Liaise between agencies and gather information
- Provide all relevant information and signpost other organisations and sources of support
For more information or to get support please contact the Independent Support Partnership
on 020 8831 6179 or email Alexhardy@ruils.co.uk.