Direct Payment Support Service
Having a Direct Payment gives you the opportunity to purchase your own support. This could mean setting up a contract with the care agency of your choice, paying for activities in your community or employing your own support staff. We are here to support you, including the following:
- Explain what a Direct Payment is and how it can work for you or your loved one,
- Help you to recruit and employ your own support staff,
- Support you to choose a suitable agency or provider,
- Signpost you to other helpful organisations,
- Provide a payroll service and /or manage your money for you,
- Support you to manage your staff and your Direct Payment,
- Introduce you to other people who use Direct Payments.
If you are already using a Direct Payment and are looking for a Personal Assistant (PA) to employ, then you can register on our PA Recruitment website www.find-a-pa.co.uk. You can create your own profile on the site and search for and message PAs who are looking for work in your area.
Our Direct Payment Forum runs every 2 months and is an opportunity to come and meet the team and other DP clients to talk about any issues you may have. We normally have a theme or a guest speaker so if you have any burning topics please let us know. Meetings are usually held on the second Tuesday every other month as follows:
Tuesday 13th November - Understanding Pension responsibilities with guest speaker from the Pensions Regulator.
Friday 11th January - Being a Good Boss - how to retain good staff.
Tuesday 12th March - Topic TBC
Tuesday 14th May - Topic TBC
Tuesday 9th July - Topic TBC
Meetings are held here at our fully accessible offices next to Teddington Library - 1pm - 3pm. A sandwich lunch and refreshments is provided.
Paula, Kirsty and Vicky are here to help. To find out more, call 020 8831 6088 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For payroll call 020 8831 6270 or email email@example.com