Personal Assistant Training Courses
We are offering a number of different courses to Personal Assistants to help them to improve their skills and experience. All the courses are FREE, but there is a £5 deposit that will be refunded on the day.
1. Mind Your Back 5th December 9.30am - 3.30pm The DAAC, 4 Waldegrave Road Teddington TW11 8HT
Learn how to move a person safely and carry out a wheelchair transfer
4. First Aid - 22nd February 9.30am - 3.30pm The DAAC, 4 Waldegrave Road Teddington TW11 8HT
This 3 year qualification will equip the first aider with skills to be able to confidently undertake emergency first aid if someone becomes ill or injured.
5. Health & Safety 27th February 9.30-1pm The United Reformed Church Eden Street, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1HZ
You will learn; what common hazards there are around the home, how to work to minimise the risk of accident or injury, why it is important to work in ways agreed by/with your employer and how to promote personal safety.
6. Medication Awareness 27th February 1.30pm - 5pm The United Reformed Church Eden Street, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1HZ
You will learn about; key legislation, the different types of medication, your responsibilities and what to do if a mistake is made.
7. Understanding Dementia - 28th February 2018 9.30am - 4pm The United Reformed Church Eden Street, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1HZ
This 1 day course will help you to understand; the different types of dementia and the key characteristics of each, the different areas of the brain and how dementia affects these areas, some common signs and symptoms of dementia, some common myths and negative attitudes about dementia and some of the complex difficulties people with dementia.